Bulgaria Investment Visa
written by Mr. Daniil Kuriyan – COO at Legacon Law Company
In this article we would like to go through the options of obtaining a residence and citizenship through the citizenship investment programs as described in the Bulgarian Law.
I. Investment in a Real Estate Property in amount of 600 000 BGN (approx. 305 000 EUR)
- The investor registers a company in Bulgaria where he owns minimum 51% of the shares.
- The company then purchases a real estate property for the amount of 600 000BGN (approx. 305 000 EUR)
- On the basis of this investment the individual can apply for a long term residence.
II. Permanent Residence or Citizenship through investment in Bulgarian government bonds.
- The investor invests the amount of 1 000 000 BGN (ca. 512 000 EUR) into Bulgarian government bonds. On the basis of the investment the investor is given a permanent residence status.
- At this point the investment is doubled for another 1 000 000 BGN (ca. 512 000 EUR) and in ca.2 years from the first investment the client receives a Bulgarian Passport and citizenship.
III. The third option is to open a company with a minimum of 10 Bulgarian employees on its payroll. Then you are allowed to bring one foreign worker that will be granted a residency status in Bulgaria.